Most of you are wondering, “What really is a nutrition coach anyway?”
A nutrition coach helps education people in how to eat the right things in the right way. It is not a dietitian, or a nutritionist.
What’s the difference you may ask? A dietician differs in the sense of having a medical background which allows them to have clinical interventions. A nutritionist is a form of food scientist who can set precise guidelines or consults to individuals in the food industry.
Examples of what a Nutrition Coach does:
Helps reach basic goals such as:
- Weight loss
- Improve nutrition quality
- Help learn how to eat (schedule and portions)
- Estimate caloric needs
- Teach how to read food labels
- Calculate macronutrient ratios
- Dispel nutrition myths and fallacies
- Discuss the pros and cons of various diets
- Teach the health benefits of various food groups
- Evaluate eating plans and provide general guidance
–> such as; meal suggestions, recipes, etc.
A Nutrition Coach has a deep understanding of nutrition through their studies. They are great accountability partner for someone to achieve lifestyle changes and create better, healthier, and sustainable living habits.
While nutrition is most definitely a focus for nutrition coaches, there are many other factors that are taken into consideration to develop a holistic health approach to helping clients connect the Mind, Body, and Soul.
View this post on Instagram
Nutrition is small in the grand scheme of things. Sleep, exercise, work/life balance, stress management, and your social environment are also very important.
By gaining information in these various areas of life, a Nutrition Coach can develop goals, plans of actions, and accountability tracking with their clients to assist with behavior changes that will ultimately lead to a healthier lifestyle.
What can a Nutrition Coach do for you?
- Grocery Shopping Education: Receive help understanding how to create healthy habits through grocery shopping. Learn to navigate the grocery store with less anxiety by getting suggestions on the variety of your diet, and challenge yourself to shop without being pressured to look at nutrition labels.
- Meal Planning: They may also be able to help with meal planning and grocery lists to ensure you’re getting the correct amount of nutrients through the inspiration of new recipes.
Do you want to get help reconnecting your body?
When was the last time you healthily enjoyed food?
Get support and connect with your body in a more positive way, and explore movement from a place of self-compassion instead of self punishment. Nutrition Coaches can help you reach intuitive eating principles to honor your hunger and fullness, practice acceptance and help you find activity that is healthier and brings more joy to your life.
By: Meghan Cool, B.A.S. Zero Doubt Club Certified Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach
Are you ready to learn how nutrition can be one of the stepping stones to the best version of yourself?